Barcelona are reported to have added a new striker to the ranks this summer as they continue to maintain their dominance in the La Liga.

Barcelona have been linked to many forwards this summer, including former Bayern striker Mario Gomez. The club is sett o announce the deal officially, after the buy just before the deadline in the coming mid-week. The player – Paco Alcacer – was acquired from Valencia for a reported €30 million, with €2 million in performance bonuses.

Reports say he would be presented to fans early next week, with the deal likely going through since he didn’t feature in the game against Eibar on Saturday. His coach Paco Ayestaran said: “He wasn’t in ideal condition to compete. We’ll see what happens in the next few days, you all know the news and it’s tough. To give it your best you need to have your body and soul here.”

The arrival of Alcacer means Munir El-Haddadi might have to leave Barcelona on loan. A likely move to Celta Vigo is set but Valencia are in talks with the talented player to serve as Alcacer’s replacement. The Blaugrana want the new striker to serve as rest and an option to Luis Suarez. With many games to compete for domestically, continentally and otherwise, Suarez would definitely help to get through. Barcelona continued their dominance in the La Liga with a 1-0 win over Athletic Bilbao, earning them maximum points from the La Liga so far.

Sturridge says Klopp’s training is intense

Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge has stated that he has experienced the most intense pre-season of his career at Liverpool.

He said that Jurgen Klopp is a meticulous person and wants to have all his players ready for the start of the season.

Sturridge stated that he is happy to be back in the team and that he wants to prepare himself well so as to avoid missing matches through injuries. Indeed the striker enjoyed a poor campaign last season where he only managed 25 appearances for Liverpool. Most of these appearances have come as substitute and Sturridge will not want a repeat of the same situation this season.

He said that this pre-season has been quite different for him, and it has also been very intense. He said that Jurgen Klopp prepared them tactically as well as technically. There is a lot of hard work as well as running sessions in order to prepare the team physically. Daniel Sturridge admitted that he has not run this much during a pre-season before.
Continue reading Sturridge says Klopp’s training is intense


Catalan giant FC Barcelona are set to acquire Denis Suarez back from Villarreal CF after activating his clause in the deal they have.

The buy-back clause deal is subject to medical examination but the Primera Division club are set to land the player.

Barcelona will now pay £3.25 million to sign the 22-year old who was in plying his trade in the Barcelona B team between 2013 and 2015. The club released a statement that reads: “FC Barcelona have decided to exercise the buy-back clause for the player Denis Suarez, currently at Villarreal CF, which will see the player join the club for the next four seasons with an option of a fifth depending on the number of appearances in the fourth season.”

The statement also read that they will deposit the above sum to buy back the youngster but will set a buyout clause of 50 million Euros for him. He is set to undergo his medical on Teusday, July 5th and is due to be presented to the public the new day.


Barcelona legend, Xavi Hernandez, says his former rival club in Spain, Real Madrid, played “like a small team” in the El Classico against his former club.

The Spanish giant, Madrid defeated Barcelona by 2-1 in a keenly contested match as it was crucial to the La Liga title.

Madrid head coach, Zinedine Zidane, opted for a cautious approach as they came from behind to beat their arch-rivals at Camp Nou. The victory is one that helped reignite the La Liga title race and has made the title race one that will end in the final minutes of the season. With two games left this season, Madrid are in third place with 84 points, Atletico and Barcelona are a point ahead but the Catalan giant are atop due to goals’ difference.

However, Xavi believes that style – along with the tactics of Atletico Madrid – would not be accepted at Barca. He told beIN SPORTS:

“Real Madrid played like a small team in the Clasico at Camp Nou.

“A big team like Barcelona should not be playing like Atletico Madrid. Big teams like Barcelona and Madrid should always stick to their own style. You cannot start playing like Atletico. Continue reading FORMER BARCELONA PLAYER SAYS MADRID PLAYED LIKE A SMALL TEAM

Luis Enrique disappointed with his Team Players Performance

Barcelona coach Luis Enrique was disappointed to see his team not score many goals in the Champions League win over Atletico Madrid.

The Catalan club registered a 2-1 victory against their Spanish opponents, but the margin of victory could have been more had Barcelona taken advantage of being a man up for the last 30 minutes. The club conceded an early goal to Fernando Torres, who was then sent off for a second bookable offence. This gave the impetus for Barcelona to go on and win the match. Luis Suarez once again continued his impressive form by scoring twice.

Atletico will feel confident about getting a result in the return leg at the Vicente Calderon because they have secured a crucial away goal. For this reason, Enrique will see that a third goal would have given Barcelona some comfort going into the second leg. Still, many clubs would like to be in the position as the Catalan giants and this certainly applies for Real Madrid. Madrid suffered a 2-0 loss against Wolfsburg in their first leg of the Champions League game. For Barcelona, it was about recovering quickly from the El Clasico lost during the weekend and they achieved it in some style. Continue reading Luis Enrique disappointed with his Team Players Performance

2016 is a new beginning for Barcelona

In the first season of Luis Enrique as the head coach of Barcelona, he managed to win the Champions League, Kings Cup and Spanish League. This is an amazing accomplishment for any coach and even more for someone who win the treble in only his first season in charge of a club.


There are many managers who haven’t been able to secure the treble even after having spent their entire careers in guiding a team and even after having done an impressive job in the hot seat of a club, it still isn’t enough for them to reach this historic achievement and now that the new year has kicked in, it’s the task of Luis Enrique and his players to defend what they reached in 2015.

The year of 2016 represents a new string of challenges for Barcelona as they have the task of defending and protecting all of the pieces of silverware that the Spanish outfit secured in the previous season but this new year also brings forth more opportunities for Barcelona to become an even more dominating force in the world of football.

Barcelona was not able to sign new players in the previous year due to a transfer ban which prevented them from adding performers into their main team but this ban has reached it’s end and it has now been confirmed that Barcelona has added 77 new players.

The Spanish team was not actually able to sign players in the previous year and what they opted to do in this period of time is that they accumulated the players. Aleix Vidal and ArdaTuran are the high profile players that were sealed in this time lapse, they couldnt immediately play for the first team of Barcelona but now that 2016 has kicked in, both of those new players will now be able to play alongside Lionel Messi and the rest of the squad.

The other remaining 75 players which have been accumulated in the transfer ban are expected to join the U-16 team academy as the majority of them are youth players. Some of them will be placed in the Barca B team, while others in a number of different academies of the younger teams. Continue reading 2016 is a new beginning for Barcelona